If you’ve ever considered a more active role in the field of promoting and developing programming for a small gallery space with big ideas, now is the time to look a little deeper at becoming an artist/member at BLINK. If you’re ready to answer The Call, here it is:
CALL FOR NEW MEMBERS
Blink Collective is currently expanding. We are looking for Ottawa based artists who would like to get involved.
Blink is a non-profit collective committed to creating visual art, facilitating exhibitions and supporting professional contemporary artists. Operating seasonally from Header House in Major’s Hill Park, Blink Gallery is a small space for generating big ideas.
Please include the following with your submission:
1. Blink Application Form – available here: http://www.blinkgallery.ca/submissions.html. Please print, complete and attach.
2. Letter of Intent – one page, 500 words maximum. Tell us (briefly!) about yourself. What would you bring to the collective and what would you hope to get from it? Describe, in your opinion, the advantages of becoming a member of Blink Collective.
3. Artist Statement – one page, 500 words maximum. Describe your art practice.
4. CV or Artist Résumé – three pages maximum.
5. 10 digital images or video excerpts up to a maximum of 5 minutes
-Each image must be: a JPEG file; PC and Mac compatible; 1024 x 768 pixels (height must not exceed 768 pixels); 1MB maximum.
-Videos must be viewable in Windows Media Player or QuickTime.
6. Image List – please print and complete chart provided in Application Form: http://www.blinkgallery.ca/submissions.html.
7. Additional catalogues, cards and other promotional materials will be accepted.
If you would like your materials to be returned, please attach a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Email submissions will not be accepted.
Send your complete submission to:
Rideau Centre Outlet
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 10, 2013 (*NOT a postmark deadline)
All applicants will be notified within 4 weeks of the deadline date.